I know I have been absent from my blog for a little while now. So many things have happened.
My mother passed on 1/12/11. We found out the day before she passed that she had cancer. That was the one thing that she was truly afraid of. I think it was because we have so many members of our family to the disease. By the time we found out she was already in a coma. We also had to put her dog down as mom had wanted them to be buried together but no one ever expected the dog to outlive her. As mom and I were sitting alone I told her that it was alright for her to go. I knew she was tired of fighting and was just plain tired. My siblings and I no longer required her to take care of us. We just wanted to her to enjoy things again and that dad was waiting on her.
I think she was waiting to go until she knew that her beloved Sammie was taken care of and would be with her. She was gone 5 hours after Sammie. I know they are both happy together now and that they are with dad and our previous pet Killer.
During this time a dear friend did what she could to look after my family and I even though I was the only one that she really knew. She had only met mom one time and had not met any other member of my family. She let me stay with her over the weekend as we prepared for the services and she did the videography disc for mom's service.
I can never express just what this meant to us. She did a wonderful job and we received many compliments on the video and the photo boards that I put together with a little imput from my friend.
Four days after burying mom, my sister had surgery on her neck and thankfully all went well. Again I spent part of the weekend with my friend once I knew my sister was home safe and doing well.
There are a few other developements going on that I will share with you but I need to work them out in my head before I can put them down.
Nothing profound or soothing I can say to you. You have already written it!
ReplyDeleteLife gives us death and I'm not sure we ever understand until we go through it ourselves.
The toughest part is not having any of the wrenching pain and grief harden your soul!
Certainly your Mom is in a better place. Now it's time to find your own. That door is always there!
Cyrsti