Now this may be a testament to just how male I truly am but.........
When my ex and I split she kept custody of our dog. Now that isn't an issue because my ex is epileptic and the dog does help her. Not to mention she has a job where she can take the dog with her and I am away a large portion of the day, so it wouldn't be fair to our baby.
I can have the dog whenever I want her and that has never been a problem. My ex and I are still very good friends even if I don't understand some of the changes she has made. My ex (who is bi) has decided since we split that she is no longer attracted to women. (I am still anatomically female) Now she comes from a long line of preachers and church deacons. (Enterprise Baptist)
While we were together in the last ten years she became Wiccan. I never cared what her beliefs were since I think that is a very personal thing and it shouldn't matter what anyone else thinks. Which is pretty much my philosophy on all things.
Since we have split she has started going to church with her mom and has been saved and baptized. She has even said that she believes that being gay is wrong (for her). Her father passed a couple of years ago and she still misses him very badly. I have wondered if this turn to religion isn't a way to feel closer to him. Perhaps even to feel that he is proud of her, I don't know.
Now this is the part that I originally had in mind when I started this entry. We were together over 20 years but if I'm over there she will not get in the shower if I'm in the apartment. I had the dog last night for a sleep over and today is her birthday (damnit I forgot, will have to shop after work for the dog). When I took her back this morning my ex was getting ready to get into the shower. She barely opened the door up enough for the dog to get in and acted like she was afraid I was going to "see something". Really?? I've seen everything she has what's the big deal now?
Somehow I think it's just me but I still don't get it.
No comments:
Post a Comment