Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Spring Cleaning

It's that time of year and I'm doing something that I have never done before.  Last week a "supposedly" good friend of mine sent me a text message asking me to let her speak without saying anything.  I agreed.  Now this person says she is good friends with both me and my ex.  What a joke that is.  My ex and I both called her and her partner "friends of convenience."  My ex said the only time she heard from her was when she needed her hair cut.

Now she is asking me to tone down my comments on my Facebook page because it was upsetting my ex.  I don't know in what world she thought that my ex being upset meant shit to me.  As far as I'm concerned fuck her.  I listened to what she had to say.  She gave me this line about "out of respect for her" as my "good" friend to stop saying what I had to say.  Needless to say she ended up pissed and swearing at me.  Bottom line as far as I was concerned, if you don't like it don't read it.  Plain and simple.

I decided to talk to one of my dearest friends and she told me the same thing that I was feeling.  It was not her place to ask me to edit anything and if she didn't like it than simply stay off my page and don't read it.  What I couldn't figure out was this, if my ex was no longer my friend then how did she know what I was saying?  Unless someone was telling her.  So I put out another post stating that it was my page so on and so forth.  You get where I'm going.

The next day the partner of this "good" friend is posting about getting unwanted advice.  I know what she was referring to.  Last fall every time you turned around they were splitting and one of them was disappearing for days on end.  Now my ex was busy telling me about what an asshole my friend of the couple was and how badly she treated her friend.  So I tried to help.  I suggested they go see a counselor.  I said it wasn't a good thing for either of them or her daughter.  I tried to tell her that if a relationship was important enough then sometimes you had to do things you didn't think were necessary.  My ex wanted to talk to a counselor and I ignored her and we ended up splitting.

Well needless to say she is still pissed about it and started posting her own comments.  What she doesn't know is the only reason I said anything was because my ex was pushing me and to top it off my ex doesn't even like her.  It got ugly.  After that I decided that some people on my list needed to go.

On the up side I have decided that I need to start making some new friends.  I have started talking to a couple of people in my support group.  One of them I have been talking to quite a bit.  I think we are becoming good friends.  I need more friends that understand being trans for one thing.  I also want to make friends that I don't have to worry about being the old me.

Peace all

No comments:

Post a Comment