Monday I had my appointment with the stirrup Doctor (aka GYN-OB). For the people that know me, they know that I do not offend easily. However, this person managed to not only piss me off but offend me all in under an hour. I know when you go to a Doctor for the first time you have 15 million questions that you have to answer. It pisses me off though when you ask me the same question 4 times in a row.
Then we were discussing my family history. My mother passed away last year. We found out the day before she died that she had cancer. Her Doctor told us that is was all through her abdomen. She had tumors on the outside of her stomach, liver, colon and just everywhere. Apparently, that answer was not good enough for the Doctor that I saw. She proceeded to tell me that the abdomen was a large area. Really?? I am so glad you informed me of that or I would never have known. If I had thought about it I would have looked at her said "Well with my mother dying I didn't think it was important to ask for more details."
Then the topic of sex came up. She asked me how many partners I've had and if I was currently sexually active. I told her and then told her yes but not at the moment. Then she asked me what kind of contraceptive I used. (Obviously, she is not very observant. Then again she didn't see me in my shirt and tie) When I told her none, she frowned at me and asked my future plans and wanted to know if I was trying to get pregnant. At which point I looked at her and said, "I'm gay so it doesn't really matter."
Now it's time for the exam.......
She's not happy that my legs don't move as well as they should. (Thanks to metal and numerous injuries) She puts my feet into the stirrups and then is unhappy that I'm not far enough down on the table. But she won't move out of the way so I can take my feet down, it's like she thinks I'm going to levitate my ass up in the air and move it to where she is happy. Then she complains because she can't get the speculum to stay open. Then she complains that my weight it causing her a problem. At that point I was ready to bitch slap her back to whatever country she came from. I understand that what she said is not rude in her culture but she is here. She would expect me to be respectful if I traveled to her country then she damn sure better be respectful in mine.
I know recently I have been talking about the friend that I have fallen in love with. I still think about her all the time. Sometimes I dream about her. I miss her company when she is not around. However, I know better that to intrude on her life. She likes to make plans, she is not spontaneous. It is better to let her dictate. It doesn't stop me from missing her. It doesn't stop me from fearing wearing out my welcome around her.
No comments:
Post a Comment