Thursday, June 21, 2012

Patience

I sit here and she is on my mind.  I have heard her words that she is where she wants to be.  She doesn't want anyone.  I respect her and will not push her.  I know she doesn't understand why I love her.  The other night I was visiting a friend and we were talking about how I feel.  I think she thought it was just sex.  I would be lying if I said that I never thought of her that way.  After all, I am a red-blooded butch.

I explained how I think she should be treated.  She is a lady, completely.  As such she is to be worshiped, cherished.  I want to look into her eyes and take her had, gently kissing it.  Then I pull her close, brushing the backs of my fingers along her cheek.  The place a gentle kiss right at the corner of her eye then wrapping my arms around her and just feeling her against me.

At that point I felt the longing in my heart and tears flowed from my eyes.  My friend looked at me and said, "Wow, you really are in love with her."  Even though I feel this way she does not.  Perhaps once things settle down for her this may change.  I long for that day.  Until then she is my friend.  I will do nothing that jeopardizes that.


1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful description of true love. Kind, not boastful or proud, but first and most, patient.
    I hope your patience is rewarded for both of your sakes.

    ReplyDelete