Friday, December 31, 2010

Just talking

Just got home from the birthday dinner of one of my best friends.  Overall it was a fun evening.  I guess.  A couple of weeks ago we went out for my birthday.  It was just me and the girls.  But for my friend tonight we had other friends with us.  One of the friends doesn't speak to me unless she has to. 

It goes back to the my ex and I splitting up.  This is some of the background information on me.  I thought my partner and I had an agreement.  I was told that she didn't care what I did as long she didn't know about it, it didn't interfere with our time together and I didn't bring anything home.  I didn't care what she did as long as she was happy.  Both of us always said it didn't matter what we did, we always knew who the other was coming home to. 

Now then, perhaps I was being naive, but I believed that what she told me was alright with her.  Apparently I was wrong.  Now to listen to her she will tell you that I cheated.  I met someone that called to the darker parts of myself.  We engaged in a short term relationship.  Now some of our friends have decided to choose sides.  I understand that but what really pisses me off is that one of our friends that chose sides was in a relationship at one time and was living with someone and cheated on her.  Now he wants to treat me like crap?  Fuck him.

When I mention these things I get "well, they are just protective of me."  Excuse me but all of them were around and saw how my ex ruled our house.  She got every thing her way because it was easier than fighting with her.  Gradually as the years went on I kept my mouth shut more and more.  I couldn't even what anything I wanted on TV.  I could be home by myself and be out of the room when they came home and they would change the channel to something they wanted to watch.  When I would say something I would get things like "you've seen it before or it'll be on again."  They would fix dinner and could never fix anything the way I liked it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment