It's funny how things just pop up on you. You go through your day and not realizing that someone is about to make an impact on your life. It doesn't have to be anything huge. Sometimes it is just the start of a conversation. For some reason they reach out to you and each of you begin to open up to the other. You don't know why but it's the start of a close friendship.
I will be the first to admit that I don't have a lot of friends. I can be hard to get close to. I am selective on who I let get too close. Needless to say that last couple of women I let in have ended up as nightmares. Not many realize just how shy I am. When you add that to I am a generally quiet person it isn't a recipe for the social butterfly.
Somehow this person has navigated her way through to a place that very few actually see. She makes me feel like we can talk about anything. As a matter of fact, we have talked about many different things. It has amazed me how there are so many things that we think and feel the same way on. I even asked her what she looked for in a person and I swear, it matched what I would've said almost verbatim. She actually listens and understands how I feel about things. I feel like we actually speak the same language and I'm not trying to follow multiple conversations at the same time or trying to decipher some meaning that is so jumbled that even the person speaking can't explain it to you.
She actually cares about the person behind the façade. She wants to know that person. She makes me want to know her. I want to know her desires, fantasies, and her fears. I want to know her soul. I want to touch it, taste it, I want to feel it.
Yes, I have made my interest known to her. I don't know where it will go or if it will go anywhere. It doesn't matter. What I do know, I have made one of the deepest friends I may ever have.
That is more important than anything.
No comments:
Post a Comment