Sunday, July 15, 2012

Further Steps

I am still excited about the changes I am moving towards.  I have just purchased 3 new chest binders.  Two in a muscle shirt style and one in a T-Shirt style.  I went to visit a friend of mine last night and wore my binder.  It was an amazing feeling being out in it.  I don't even have the words to describe it.  I know I am far from drop dead handsome but damn if I wasn't feeling like a catch last night.

I have been telling my family over the last couple of weeks.  I still have one person that I consider family (I have known her for over 40 years) to tell.  As I've said before the response has been amazing.  I did have 1 person react with less than enthusiasm but I'm not sure where he stands.  I find it funny that he is one of my gay friends.  I did go last week and talked to our company's HR dept.  It was encouraging that they did not even blink an eye.  They are going to check with our parent company and let me know what my insurance will cover.  They are also going to try and get me information to help me search through our insurance website so I can find the things I need.  How great is that?  Considering that my company includes gender identity in the discrimination policy I am hoping that there are provisions in our insurance for such things.

Now for the people I work with.

So far they also have been encouraging and excepting.  Next week I am moving on to telling my team leader and my department manager.  I've got a few people that I think it may make them uncomfortable but I'm not concerned about it because they aren't people that I associate with more than I have to.  Besides, if they have an issue it's their issue.  It's like everything else.  I have to be me and I'm going to do that in what ever way I have to.  I like this feeling that I found since I have moved toward this decision.  I can't imagine taking a step back in my life.  It's time for me to stop hating this body my soul inhabits.  One of my friends even called me Drake today and even that little step felt amazing to me.

OK, I know I'm jumping around in my thoughts but I've got a headache right now but I wanted to get these thoughts out.  I spoke to my 2 long term ex's last week.  They both excepted my decision.  One of them gave me a very big hug and I was very happy about that because she was actually the one that I was worried about.  Later on I was texting with my other ex and I thanked her for her support.  Since we have split and she has gotten married (to a preacher) she has jumped in to full christian overload.  If it makes her happy I don't have a problem with it, it just isn't for me.  She told me I didn't need to thank her because it was the right thing to do.  I supported her decisions and for her to do less would make her a hypocrite.  (I knew that already but didn't say it)

 I have decided on my name and it will be Draco Alexander.  I will go by either Draco or Drake.

No comments:

Post a Comment