I know it have been a couple of weeks since my last post. So many things have happened that I just haven't had the time and when I have tried to sit down and do this I fell asleep.
When I left you last I was telling more people that I work with. I am still being very open about it and slowly filling more and more people in. My sister is still having a few issues but I can't really help her with her grieving at losing her sister. She doesn't see that she isn't losing me she is just losing the gender she is familiar with.
My brother passed away on the July 27th. It was a hard thing. I was no there when it happened but I was the first one my sister in law called. She and I have actually gotten a lot closer. She reaches out to me because I am a calming presence for her. I don't give her advice on grieving or a timeline as to the process. I let her talk about what she wants to talk about and I just listen unless she is asking for input.
The last time I saw her she sent me home with a ton of my brothers clothes. I am the only one in the family that is even close to his size. Her comment to me was, "I will still get to see them on someone I love." Then she laughs and says "but not that way." I came home with coats, a suit jacket, shirts and ties. She is going to finish going through his stuff and pull out anything she thinks I will be able to wear.
I am still having my health issues and have been to see a new GYN-OB. I like this one and she is willing to listen to me and help me in the best ways available. More on that later.
Now then......
I have been introduced to a wonderful new woman. Her name is Dawn we were introduced by mutual friends. She is a wonderful woman and I am very attracted to her. She wants to know all sides of me. I made sure she was aware that I was transitioning because I didn't want us to start something and then that be an issue. I wanted everything out in the open from the beginning.
She is fine with that. She wants a person not a gender. She wants me to be who I am and not feel like I need to hide anything from her. I have not felt this way in a VERY long time. I wish I had more time to talk about her but I need to go get ready for work.
I promise to update you all soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment