Sunday, October 2, 2011

Relationship progress

Well, time for an update.  When I last posted things were not looking that great.  I was very confused and not sure how to proceed.  Since that time Melissa and I have been spending much more time together.  Steph has mostly become a non-issue between us.  She still lives with them but that may not be for much longer if she doesn't get a job and start helping out around the house.  She is causing real problems around the house because all she does is sit on the couch. 

Melissa has realized how much that Steph is trying to control her life and is not liking it.  She is tired of not having any money to do anything after she pays bills.  Steph seems to think that she should be able to take what's left of her check and they can go out to whichever sports bar and drink not worrying about running out of money.  Steph's family sends her money and she doesn't offer to give them any of it for staying there.  She babysat for a friend of Melissa's this weekend and then sat in Fricker's and drank it all away. 

Everyone knows that Steph doesn't like me.  I don't know why other than I won't take her shit.  Then today while they were at Fricker's, Melissa's friend is texting her.  (Melissa spent the weekend at my place)  Apparently they don't get it that we are seeing each other because she told Melissa that she didn't understand why she was at my place.  It seems that my being a quiet person is an issue.  I can't help that I'm that way.  Her friend has never really tried to have a conversation with me.  The most she has ever said to me was on that ugly Thursday from my last post and all she said then was "You're quiet tonight."  I told her then that I wasn't a big talker. 

Sometimes it feels like they are just looking for reasons not to like me.  I figure it's their issue, as long as Melissa is ok with it then it really doesn't matter about the rest of them.  I enjoy going out but I enjoy myself just as much in the quiet of home. 

Even with all of this we are doing very well.  I think we may be getting serious, she told me that she loves me.  I think I'm feeling the same way.  It scares me.  The last time I told someone I loved them it really bit me in the ass.    We will see what happens.  I look forward to us being together again.

No comments:

Post a Comment