I know I have talked about the type of woman that I find attractive before. I have always pictured someone that is more on the femme side. Granted, it would be nice to have a woman that is "eye candy" on my arm but I don't see that happening. I am not exactly the type that a woman like that goes for.
I have met someone. It started out that we both were just looking for friends. Now she isn't someone that I thought I would be attracted too. The big surprise is the tattoo's. I normally don't care for them at all let alone find them attractive. For some reason her's do not bother me. We get along very well and I've started to care for her a lot. But there is a problem that I don't know how to work through, so I write it here in hopes that I find help.
She lives with her sister not too far from me. Her sister is going to school to be a nurse. So she goes to school full time and does not have a job. Now then, if I only had to associate with her and her sister things would be just fine. She does drink more than I think is necessary but then I haven't been a big drinker for quite some time. The reason for that is I don't always know when to stop and I get ugly when I drink like that. I don't like myself like that so I drink only on rare occasions.
Now the big problem. Her friend Steph. This friend used to live in Illinois. For some reason she decided to move here. This is my belief, she is running. She is dishonest and a user. She takes what she can and then discards you when you have nothing else to give her. She treats people like shit and people take it. Excuses are made for her like "she treats everyone like that", "it's just the way she is". I don't understand why people take her shit and do not hold her accountable for it.
Things came to a head for me a few weeks ago. Melissa came over and was going to spend the night. Well she got a call from her sister and had to leave for a family emergency. Just the week before I heard how they didn't have any food in the house and her sister was out of food stamps for the month. If it were just the 3 adults I wouldn't have bothered but her sister has 2 kids, so I gathered up some stuff and took it to them and gave Melissa $50 for groceries.
Anyway, the next day after she had to rush home I hear from her and supposedly Steph is taking her to Frickers to eat. They then ended up at Hooters and had been drinking all day. I asked about how they had money to go out like that when they didn't have food in the house. Melissa had been drinking all day and upset me with some of the things she said to me. I told her it didn't make sense to me that they didn't have money for food but always seemed to find the money for beer. I was told many things and told that I could either except them or not but that was how "they" rolled and besides Steph had been in her life longer than I had.
I sucked it up and went down to Hooters because I wanted to see her even if I had to deal with Steph. Now she was also out with other friends who I had met once before and they seemed ok. I wasn't at Hooters 5 minutes and Melissa got up from the table. Steph tried to get me to order a drink. I told her that I don't drink and drive. She wouldn't listen to me and kept pushing me. She said "life's too short" not to have fun. I told her that I understand life is short and that it was almost really short for me at 26 when I had my accident. Well her mouth started on me saying I didn't know anything about her and if I wanted to know something just ask. I told her that I couldn't think of anything that I really wanted to know that much. I almost left right then. Then as we were getting ready to leave and Melissa whips out the credit card she said she wasn't going to use and paid the bill. I was even more upset over that because I saw her doing the exact thing she said she wasn't going to do and ending up in the situation she had told me about from the last time she and Steph lived together. If that wasn't enough, apparently Steph realized I was still there and started going on about not getting into a pissing contest with her because I would lose. Then as we walked outside she started yelling shit at some guy on a motorcyle.
We go back to Melissa's house and they come in from the store with ribs and of course more beer. Once again they started pushing me to drink. I again told them numerous times that I did not want anything. We ended up outside with them playing in the pool. They kept trying to get me into the pool and I kept saying no because of the way my legs cramp if the water isn't warm enough. Over and over again it was the same thing, Then they got into a whipped cream fight. For some reason Steph decided that it was ok for her to put her hands on me and smear whipped cream on me. Now in my head I got up and put her through the fence. I didn't do that because I was being respectful to Melissa and her sister since I was a guest in their home.
A couple of days later I was having breakfast with a friend and Melissa started texting me. Well I didn't answer because I was spending time with a friend. Melissa ended up being jealous and asking if I was double dating on her. Then she said she was feeling insecure and I told her that it was funny that she was jealous and I had been feeling like shit for the past couple of days. She asked me why. I asked how I was supposed to feel after the things she said to me. We worked through what had happened and I told her that I wasn't taking her shit and the next time she puts her hands on me I'm putting her on the floor.
So now the solution is to keep us separated. Which really puts a strain on things because with Steph living with them means I can't come and hang at her house. So our time is VERY limited. The only time we get together is if I go to her work place for her lunch or meet her there after work or the rare occasion that she comes to my place. We can't even go out because Steph would have to go and she can't keep her mouth off of me and she can't keep from acting like a bitch in public.
I don't know what to do. Melissa says that she cares about me and wants me around but we have this problem called Steph and I'm just confused.
No comments:
Post a Comment