In the last few days I have started to realize just how deep the pain goes that I feel. It's not just pain that I feel but also anger. Yes, I have a lot of pain over things that have happened in the last 2 years. But I have also realized that my anger is not just at Alex and Raquel. I don't really care about Dawn. She was a mistake from the very beginning. She was the first woman that I dated after deciding to transition and I think I got caught up in that. If I had it to do all over again it wouldn't have happened.
Yesterday I had my first decording session with the hypnotist. It went well but I don't think it removed all of the psychological ties I was hoping for. We are having another session next week and I hope that finishes what we started last night.
I have been thinking since that session and I have realized something. All of the anger I feel isn't at them. Part of it is anger I direct at myself. I am angry that I let them hurt me. I am angry that I allowed myself to be vulnerable to them. I allowed them to get closer to me than many in my life. I let them see things that so few have seen. I am angry that I trusted them that much.
Anger however is not productive. All it does is drain energy from me that can be used in better places. So I need to get past this and use it to get something more positive in my life. I need things to move forward. The only way to do that is to let all of this go. I need to let go of the anger and the pain. My trust in some of these people has been damaged and I don't know if it can be repaired. Then again I don't know if it should be. I don't trust easily and once it is damaged I am reluctant to give second chances. The one person that I do need to give a second chance to is myself.
No comments:
Post a Comment