Monday, June 16, 2014

Mini Ramblings

Well, I am down to 39 days before my surgery.  I just ordered my surgical vest today and should be here in a couple of days.  This is getting so close and I'm so excited but it just seems so surreal at times.  I keep thinking I'm going to wake to find I still have months to go.  I am so ready for this chest to be gone and getting to see what the surgeon creates in its place.  I just have to find out if my sister in law is going up with us the night before so I can get the motel room scheduled.  I am still optimistic that I won't have to stay overnight in the hospital.  We still have to stay in Cleveland the night after surgery but staying in a motel will be much cheaper than staying in the hospital.

I am so close to being me.  It is such an amazing feeling.  I cannot imagine not doing everything possible to become who I am meant to be.  To still be in hiding would be such agony to go through every day.  I talked to my nephew yesterday.  I wanted to find out how his talk with his parents went and while we were talking I told him how it felt when I decided to transition and he said that was exactly how he felt.  I told him that I was proud of him because I know how hard it can be.  I also told him to never let anyone tell him that there was anything wrong with him.

Something I don't understand.  How do you know someone for over a year and still think they could be mean or hate someone?  I may be a lot of things but those are not any of them.  I don't hate anyone, not even the hag and her joke.  I may think they are a waste of flesh and not have anything good to say about them but I don't hate them.  I thought being single I wouldn't have to hear that bullshit anymore.  I guess I was wrong.  It's such bullshit.  But why should my feelings be recognized now, they never were before.

No comments:

Post a Comment