Well, it has been a little bit since I've put out a new post. There have been a few things happening.
I visited my Endo and I was ready to tell him that I was looking for another doctor if we didn't make some changes. I never got the chance. He came in and told me that my thyroid levels were still low but he was going to double my T dose. He told me to come back in 4 months and he gave me blood test orders to have drawn about a week before I go back. He said at that time he will probably increase my T dose again. I was extremely happy when I left his office. This week was my 2nd doubled dose of T and I have already noticed a difference. I did not feel the drop like I had been and I have noticed that the hair on my hands getting longer and darker. I have noticed hair starting to grow on my legs and thighs.
I have also started back on my hypnosis for my weight. I have a goal of losing around 130 lbs. I am hoping to lose at least half of it by the time I have my top surgery. Considering how I did the last time, this is an attainable goal. Even more so in the fact that men lose weight easier than women do. So between the hypnosis, working with the weights that Raquel bought me and working out with the Tai Chi and Quong DVD's I have, things should go well.
I have also started back to school. I am taking a class on Microcomputer Hardware. This should be a good class. Thanks to my instructor tonight I found out that my A+ certification is still good. Because I had mine prior to them changing it to only being good for 3 years it is still valid. Which actually means I could've gotten credit for the class I'm taking but since it has been so long since I've worked with this stuff I felt it important for me to take that class.
I have also decided to change one of my majors. I am switching my IT degree to Network Management. I am also switching advisers. The woman teaching my class is going to be my new adviser. We will sit down and go over what I still need to graduate and plot out a course of action. I did email her tonight because she referred to me in female terms tonight in class. She and I talked quite a bit last week and she is completely aware and comfortable with my status as trans. So I just sent her a little reminder.
I am hoping that Raquel will follow me and go back to finish her degree. If we both get our degrees then we could have an even brighter future. I cannot put into words how happy I am. It has been a very long time since I have felt like this. She gives me such a sense of peace. She gets so excited when I bring her flowers. I love seeing her smile. She is such a wonderful woman and I am so blessed to have found her. My life has come together so much. Everyone from my family to my friends to the people I work with have all commented on how happier and better off I am.
On a quick side note, I put in for a job posting at work. I don't really want to leave where I am because I have been working for 3-4 years trying to work into the job I want but I keep getting put back to "just a phone rep". Now my boss came up with the idea of taking the 3 of us that are full time and putting us on a rotating schedule. However, the other 2 don't want to work during the day and I do not want to work at night. I have been there for 7 years, I think I deserve a little more consideration then that. I'm tired of working weekends. I'm tired of the fact that they took my every other weekend away and right now I've lost one of my days off and am working 2 of the 5 Sunday's this month. I want a normal life. I want to have my days off together. I want to be able to spend more time with Raquel. There have been talks about creating a position for some of the duties I do and I hope it happens. I really don't want to move to another area.
No comments:
Post a Comment