This is something I wrote a couple of years ago I hope you all like it.
Is there a special attraction between butch and femme? It’s hard to say, I just know that I never want to be mistaken for the pretty one.
Personally, I like women that look like women. I want curves and voluptuousness. It’s hard to appreciate the sway of a woman’s hips when there is nothing there to sway. A muscled woman is hot but she does not have the seductive, sensuous sexuality of a femme.
As a butch we have certain responsibilities to our femme. It is our duty to look after them. We provide for them and take care of their needs and desires. We worship them. We show them our appreciation by treating them as the ladies and treasures they are. In return they accept and love us in all our butch glory. They allow us the façade of being the one in charge.
Now as a butch, everyone knows what we are. For many of us we are the stereotypical dyke. We are targeted for ridicule and are automatically judged on our appearance alone. We are taunted and laughed at. Our world is difficult, sometimes even our partners think of us as female. (We may be anatomically but for some of us that’s where it ends).
Many of us struggle with who we are. We are as masculine as we can get without the parts to go with it. For me, I am not the right gender. I have never been comfortable with being female and never will be. But what is one to do? Many are trapped the way we are. Either by the monetary cost to change, family issues or even losing the ones we care about. That’s what it is for me, losing the people that are dear to my heart.
Thankfully we have our femmes for support. We cannot hide what we are. Hopefully we can get to a place where we are proud to be as we are and accept ourselves as readily as they accept us.
To some, femme’s are the typical female. They fuss over their appearance. They worry about their hair, make-up and everything they use to catch the eye of their interest. To me they are so much more then what they show. They are more then the softness they use to seduce their butch.
Femmes are much more complicated then their butch counterparts. I believe in many ways they are much more secure in themselves then we are.
I am certainly no authority on the matter but this is what I see.
Femmes are a special breed of lady, they like pretty things; they like their feminine side. They like the dresses, the shoes, anything that enhances their soft exterior. Anything that turns our heads when they walk by pleases them.
For the butch that is lucky enough to be the one chosen by such a lady it is pure joy. There is no greater honor then seeing her in all her finest and knowing she does it for us. The greatest of all are the ladies that give you that softness but underneath they are just as strong and capable of doing anything you can do while dressed for you.
Everyone has a façade they show the world, perhaps femmes more so then their butch counterparts. Some may find them too girly and we may not always understand them or the way they think, but NEVER underestimate them. Sometimes they are expected to be pretty and delicate but think like a butch. The two do not always mesh. If you find such a lady then you have found a dangerous and rare creature. Then because they are not obvious to society they must also deal with the anatomical males and their advances. I do not envy them.
What does a femme give to us? They give to us by letting us care for them. Never forget who wears the heels in the family or that we are the fortunate ones. They are the driving force behind us. They are our strength and the reason we are who we are.
Now, I am not saying that without them we would be anything else. Nor would they be anything else without us. What I mean is we each embrace the other. We are the harmony to the melody. They are the music to our hearts.
Hi Edan, I hope you are well...I know it's been awhile since we have spoken.
ReplyDeletePerhaps you read my blog post bout out new employee who I reluctantly refer to as "she". Sure she chooses to cut her hair in a burr and wears mens' jeans and shoes but like you she would never really be mistaken for a girl. She does have these amazing big eyes that I'm sure melt a lot of female hearts.
Of course I thought of you when I met her for the first time.
The only thing I really know about her is she just moved here from PA.